Sunday, May 24, 2009

Choice 2

I got up in the morning, was planning to go out,

nothing unusual, just to get some bread and sprout

But as i was steeping out, I thought of all the ants,

who might get crushed as I walk by in all my ignorance.

I thought of an accident which might take place,

Ofcourse i will be careful, but not the child careless.

I thought of the beggar, i will face down the street next,

will it be right to give him money or I just walk by, thats best !

I can by a foolish remark, hurt somebody's sentiment,

or ask a question innocently, that can cause torment.

After thinking a lot, I decided not to go,

all the while being careful, not to step on the ants at home.

At night I got to know, somebody needed help in the morning,

he was waiting on the road, i always go walking.

I sighed feeling sad, and went to bed hungry,

I had not brought the sprouts, .... probably, the beggar too shared my misery.

6 comments:

Number 11 said...

If we really think a lot this should happen always

Number 11 said...

And Life shouldn't go this way !!!

Indrani said...

:)
ahhhh

Dhananjay said...

good one!

Anonymous said...

Extremely good. The sheer number of choices one has to make each day and the implications they can have just make me wonder if I can avoid it in any way.

Staying home? Well it itself is a choice that I make, with its own implications!

Amruta said...

hmmmmmmmmmm
:)